1. The following Rules have been adopted by The Carmen Nelson Bostick Cemetery. Inc, "Historic". All Plot owners, visitors, and contractors are responsible for following these Rules. These Rules are subject to amendment as necessary by the Cemetery Board. Any deviation or exception granted by the Cemetery will be provided in writing from the Cemetery office.
2. Definition of Plot or Burial Space: a standard plot or burial space is 4ft x 9ft and allows the purchaser to interment rights for designated person or persons as described in Deed or Invoice at time of purchase.
3. Interment rights: right to bury on designated Plot or Burial Space.
4. Cremation Space: a standard Cremation Space is 3 ft x 3 ft and allows the purchaser to interment rights for designated person or persons as described on Deed or Invoice at time of purchase.
5. Interment rights for an unused Plot or Burial Space can be reassigned or sold to a different person by the purchaser. A notarized letter signed by purchaser detailing any change must be provided to the Cemetery Office.
6. All Plots or Burial Spaces must be completely paid for before an interment takes place.
7. A Death Certificate or Report of Death must be provided for all burials.
8. All burials are subject to weather conditions. Extreme weather or unforeseen event(s) may cause a delay, due to concern for safety for anyone present on cemetery grounds.
9. Cemetery is open every day during daylight hours. It is not acceptable to drive upon the grounds other than the parking area defined by the “parking bollards”. We ask that all visitors conduct themselves in a manner that honors and respects the loved ones that are at rest here on sacred ground. The Cemetery is an alcohol and drug free zone. We reserve the right to ask those not following the rules to leave the premises.
10. No one will perform any work at the Cemetery other than routine care of their Plots or Burial Space unless specific permission is granted. No tree may be planted without specific approval by the Cemetery in writing.
11. All improvements, borders and fencing must be pre-approved by the Cemetery.
12. A permanent monument must be placed within 12 months of burial. All monuments must be pre-approved by the Cemetery in writing. No monument can exceed the width of the Plot or Burial space. We do not allow bronze or metal permanent monuments. Granite is the preferred material for monuments.
13. The Cemetery maintains the right to disapprove any monument due to size, type, inscription content and/or inferior quality of construction.
14. If a monument must be moved due an interment or disinterment, the Cemetery maintains the right to do so without the permission of the owner.
15. All monument installs must be scheduled in advance with the Cemetery Office.
16. Cemetery strives to reflect an honoring of all faith-related plans for a loved one's burial service or ceremony. Any behavior that may be deemed "unsafe" for a participant may not be allowed after review by Cemetery personnel. If a participant feels strongly that a ceremonial gesture must be fulfilled, permission by Cemetery personnel may be granted, provided a Cemetery waiver that indemnifies Cemetery from any and all potential harm caused to or by participant, is signed by all participants wishing to participate in questionable activity.
*Cemetery Rules are subject to change as necessary by Cemetery Board.